ZWILLING Pro 8" Smart Ridged Chef's Knife
Features a unique ridge that pushes food away from the blade as it slices to prevent sticking. Perfect for cutting tough-skinned fruits and vegetables.
Angled bolster encourages a professional pinch grip and allows blade to be sharpened from bolster to tip; providing exceptional cutting precision, safety and comfort.
ZWILLING Pro is the most user-friendly knife available to market. The unique blade shape and ergonomic bolster are the result of 280 years of experience in knife making, and the rigorous study of how knives are used. Made in Germany, designed in Italy by Matteo Thun.
With ZWILLING Pro we introduced an optimized chef’s knife blade shape. We have learned that the optimized blade shape is perfect for the home cook as it helps them chop more comfortably over longer stretches. Through years of experience in professional kitchens, some chefs have grown accustom and therefore prefer the traditional blade shape of the chef’s knife. To enable these chefs to benefit from the new curved bolster, we have combined the innovative bolster shape with the classic blade shape.
Made in Germany of ZWILLING Special Formula, high carbon German NO STAIN steel.
Curved bolster guides grip; cut with improved precision, safety and comfort.
Full edge utility — the whole length of the blade can be used for cutting and chopping. The edge can be sharpened in full from bolster to tip.
How to correctly hold a knife using the Professional Pinch Grip
- Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety and comfort
- SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- Full tang and handle are triple-riveted for superb stability
- Hand wash only
- Manufactured in Germany
|Tip to Tip||12.9"|
|Sharp Edge/ Blade||8"|
|Tip to Handle||8.4"|
|Width of Blade||1.9"|
|Thickness of Blade||0.16"|
|Handle Width||1" mid, 1.3" thick end|
|Weight (oz)||8.78 oz|
|Weight (g)||249 g|