MIYABI Pro - Morimoto Edition 9" Gyutoh/Chef's Knife
Chef Morimoto uses the best Japanese and Western techniques in his signature cuisine. He has applied the same philosophy to knife design. MIYABI PRO Morimoto Edition merges: traditional Japanese blade styles, Western-inspired handles, and super steel. MIYABI worked with Chef Morimoto for four years to develop single beveled knives worthy of the sushi master. The keys to the best sushi are the highest quality fish and the cleanest cuts. Each MIYABI PRO Morimoto Edition knife combines the ideal edge and weight to glide through a piece of tuna leaving the perfect slice of fish.
The bevel of each Pro knife is designed for a specific purpose. It automatically adjusts the knife to the proper position for the task.
Why use a traditional single-beveled knife?
• Clean and precise cuts
• Easier to re-sharpen
• Food is less likely to stick to the blade
• Adjusts knife to proper position
Features & Benefits:
• Made in Seki, Japan
• Perfectly balanced Morimoto designed knife
• VG10 (CMV60) super steel*
• Traditional Japanese blade profile 3-step Honbazuke hand honed
Single bevel 14-19º edge*
• Scalpel-like edge and easy to re-sharpen, Precision cutting and
foods stick less
• CRYODUR® blade, ice-hardened to HRC 60. Extremely long
• Rounded spine and heal, Comfortable and provides effortless cutting
• Three rivet grey Pakkawood handle, Durable and beautiful; will not
crack or discolor.
* 9” Guytoh is double bevel from FC61 steel.